ISTC International Scientific Workshop “Neuroplasticity: Nervous Substrate for Health and Disorder”
**For more information about the event, please consult the website of the event by clicking here
The ISTC Scientific Workshop “Neuroplasticity: Nervous Substrate for Health and Diseases” was held on October 17-19 at the I.Beritashvili Institute of Physiology in Tbilisi. The Workshop brought together neuroscientists from Georgia and the Commonwealth of Independent States to present and to discuss basic and applied Neuroscience.The organizing Committee focused the following topics:
- Atomic Force Microscopy of living cells: new approach of plasticity research
- Research on structural plasticity
- Neuroplasticity – Learning and Memory
- The damaged or disabled brain (can Neuroplasticity help?)
- Chemistry of DNA and expression of genes: influence of experience
- Sensory, perceptual, language functions and life experience
- Emotional function, adult’s social relationships and life experience
In the frame of the ISTC Workshop, the following special events took place:
- ISTC session (at the Center of Science, Education and Culture of Georgian Technical University); during which some managers and participants of ISTC projects will present their results;
- The Poster Session of young scientists (for PhD students and scientists under 35);
- The Debates: “The Future of Neuroplasticity Research: NanoBiology and NanoMedicine”.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.