ISTC hosts S&T Seminar within the framework of the Canada-Russia Business Summit
On June 23, ISTC co-organised and hosted the S&T session within the framework of the Canada-Russia Business Summit held in Moscow. The business and governmental delegation from Canada were joined by Russian governmental officials as well as scientists and experts from a number of prestigious science institutes in Russia to participate in discussions that focused on the biotech and energy sectors, as well as on opportunities for R&D cooperation between Canada and Russia. ISTC presented the services that are available to Canadian companies wishing to engage in R&D development in Russia, and detailed the new $40,000 co-funding initiative that is available to private Canadian companies on beginning their first ISTC project. The event was coorganised by the Embassy of Canada in Russia.
Gilles Breton Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Canada (left) and Leo Owsiacki, Deputy Executive Director, ISTC (right)
Power Point presentations given at the even:
- Leo Owsiacki, Deputy Executive Director, ISTC download
- Alexander Gusev, Head of Division for Innovation Policy and National Innovation System, Russian Institute for Economy, Policy and Law in Science and technology download
- Michael Burton, General Manager, Institute for Diagnostic Imaging Research, University of Windsor download
- Timoty Murray, Group Manager, Commercialization Support Program, ISTC download
- Lev Tocheny, Chief Science Coordinator (nuclear energies), ISTC download
- Tatiana Gremyakova, Chief Science Coordinator (biotechnology), ISTC download
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.