Selective Pulsometry for Cardiomonitoring
The Human Cardiomonitoring on the Basis of Selective Pulsometry
Tech Area / Field
- MED-DID/Diagnostics & Devices/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
Kyrgyz-Russian Research and Production Company METAS Ltd., Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- University of Turku / Finnish-Russian Joint Biotechnology Laboratory, Finland, Turku\nLabmaster Ltd., Finland, Turku
Краткое описание проектаAim of the Project.
Lately due to the acceleration of technological progress the environment commenced to be sated with various biological risk factors: toxins in the food (nitrates etc.), in the water (pesticides etc.), adverse impact of perse electrical and magnetic fields of industrial (overhead power lines, radio-relay communication etc.) and home (microwave ovens, TV sets, computers, cellular mobile phones etc.) origin, the increased radioactivity, etc. Moreover, the growth of human factor loadings caused by the environment urbanization is accompanied by the increased labor intensity.
The problems of “human factor” reliability, especially in the transport, power, and mining industries, become more and more crucial. Hence the issue of safety and health care is of high priority during production.
Therefore the development of simple methodical and technical instruments for physiological monitoring the human biological responses to the factor loading of the environment and labor conditions gets to be an extremely urgent task.
From the medical point of view the existing devices and cardio monitoring systems (made in Holter, Siemens, Hewlett Packard, Fukuda and other companies) based on concurrent measurement of cardiac contraction frequency (CCF), temperature of the body, arterial pressure (AD) etc. solve only the task of body life/death indication. For the biological evaluation of organism’s intermediate states being the subject of study in the preventive medicine, these instruments and methods are void.
The pulse diagnostics of Tibet traditional medicine is the closest one to the set task of operative human biomonitoring. According to Tibet manuscript, written by Chzud Shi: “Pulse is a messenger connecting the doctor and disease. The medico who knows the pulse, looks like talking to it – he is aware of everything, nothing confuses him and he’ll make right conclusion”.
The developed by us method, subsequently named as selective pulsometry (sphygmometry), allow like the ancient Chinese pulse diagnostics to identify the rhythms of fatigue, comfort and considerable and limited tension.
The long-term medical – biological research of the extreme electrical power factors impact on the human organism had highlighted the high self-descriptiveness of the method when evaluating the functional status of the human organism under the factor loadings. The results of the experiments show that the organism responses to the impact of various adverse factors are quite typical and in the range of intensity from the values lower the threshold of organism sensitivity to the significant and limit ones are exactly expressed by some empiric formulas. The possibility of making new types of monitoring instruments – cardiobiocontrollers useful for the perse spheres.
This Project is aimed at the attraction of specialists and military-industrial enterprises of Kyrgyzstan to design and production of instruments for human cardiobiomonitoring on the basis of the selective pulsometry – new method of cardiac rate research, patented in Russian Federation and Kyrgyz Republic.
The Project includes scientific and research works (SRW) in two directions: medical-biological and engineering SRW.
1. Medical-biological SRW – on foundation of biological interpretation of selective pulsometry’s parameters.
The biological part of the Project will include the following types of research:
1) The preventive medical-biological examination of school-aged children.
2) The preventive medical-biological examination of students and teachers in educational institutions.
3) The preventive medical-biological examination of personnel at the industrial enterprises having detrimental and hazardous labor conditions.
4) The clinic examination of cardiovascular pathologic patients.
Besides the selective pulsometry – the main research method – if required the electrocardiography, ultrasound diagnostics, biochemical and lab (blood and urine) analyses, other concurrent examinations for the objective evaluation of functional status of healthy persons are planned for medical examination of the population. The data of healthy people’s preventive examination will be supplemented with complex clinical examination of cardiovascular pathologic people’s functional status. The total examination – at least 1,000 people/measurements. The gained data will be summarized as SRW Reports, monographs and publications in International journals.
2. The technical SRW – on foundation and design of methodological and engineering means for biomonitoring of human functional conditions on the basis of selective pulsometry method. It includes research procedures, selection and design of pulse signal amplifiers and converters, design and approbation of electronic circuits, algorithms and methods of conversion, filtration, that allow to measure the parameters of heart rate in any situations: at home, work, classes etc. and presentation of the resulting information in a proper format.
The resulting technical SRW instruments are the evaluation units of biomonitoring devices applying the selective pulsometry method and attached specifications and methodological instructions on instrumentation use for different purposes.
Moreover, the possibility to convert some parts of military-industrial productive capacities to production of cardiomonitoring instruments designated for the needs of population in Kyrgyzstan and other countries will be the general actual outcome of the Project.