Photochemical Aspects of Ozone Generation
Development and Applied Research of the Photochemical Technologies of the Ozone Generation for Medical and Environmental Protection Purposes.
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
ALVI Ltd, Russia, St Petersburg
- Institute of Simulation Technology, Russia, St Petersburg\nSt Petersburg Municipal Clinic N 25, Russia, St Petersburg
Краткое описание проектаThe main goal of the proposal is creating and producing new photochemical ozone technologies for medical and environmental-protection purposes.
According to investigations of a low pressure mercury discharge the emission of this discharge can be used as effective means for ozone producing. It has the following advantages in contrast to the currently available techniques for the ozone generation:
– absence of nitrogen oxide if operating with air;
– availability of emission line (254 nm) in spectrum what provides a sterilization effect (UV-light + ozone) more better than these separately using UV-light or ozone, This purpose has two aspects to be solved;
– basic and applied research of the photo formation and transmutation of ozone in atmospheric air due to the emission of mercury discharge;
– development of the technologies of the application of photochemical ozone generators for medical and environmental protection purposes.
Among the expected results of the proposed project are:
– the advent of the mathematical model of the ozone kinetics in air due to the resonance lines of mercury (185 nm, 254 nm);
– creating effective ozone generators on the basis of a low pressure discharge in mercury vapors;
– creating effective means for purification of air and drinking water;
– development of the technologies of the photochemical ozone generators application;
– forming the market of the photochemical technologies in Russia.
It is assumed to do:
– theoretical and experimental investigations of an effect of external discharge parameters on intensities of mercury discharge resonance lines;
– modeling and experimental investigations of photokinetics of ozone in air;
– testing and certification of the photochemical ozone generators for medical goals and for the water purification;
– creating a technology stand for ozone quartz producing.