Mountain Cattle Breed
The Creating of the Mountain Breed of Cattle and Production of Ecologically Pure Beef
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
Scientific-research Institute of Cattle-breeding, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- HIMPEX NV, Belgium, Geraadsbergen
Краткое описание проектаProject objectives are to produce a new mountain cattle-breed in the Kyrgyz Republic meeting the demands of a market economy.
The deficit of beef production in the Kyrgyz Republic makes the Proposal nationally important and makes 45 per cent compared to normal physiological norm of consumption.
Today there is the production of dairy and meat cattle in Kyrgyzstan but we lack of a special breed with a high growth and energy index. This leads to the deficit of meat and to force expense. There have already been attempts to breed cattle in our mountainous country in ecologically pure environment. But it has not given the awaited results.
The new breed is to produce by crossing the Alatau breed with Charole, Aaberdin-ang, Hallovey and Kiansky meat breed, as the representatives of the world cattle-breeding genofond. During the experimental research on crossing these breeds in the Kyrgyz Republic in 1980-1997. We obtained effective results of a high energy and growth index, middling daily in crease of livestock, and of payment for fodder and adaptation to the conditions of a mountainous region.
It is very important to mention that in the Chu District there are three big standard meat-packing plants which today almost do not work. For these reasons a great number of primitive slaughter-houses and canneries appear in different districts of the Kyrgyz Republic but their technologies do not meet the sanatorial-hygienic demands. That is why we are faced with the necessity of a standard model mini-plant of slaughter and meat production processing.
The Project objectives:
- to obtain 8,5 thousand of heads of cattle by the end of calculation period;
- to build up the massif of cattle with live-stock of 390 kg (12 months of age), 502-600 kg (16-24 months of age), that is 15-18 per cent
more than the initial Alatau breed;
- to have 900 g daily increase of cattle (up to 6 months age), 800 g (with 6 up to 12), 1000 g (with 12 up to 18), 1200 g (with 16 up to 24),
or 15-18 per cent more than the Alatau breed;
- to obtain cattle of a new breed with the 1 kg of live-stock increase on 6,5-8,5 kg fodder, or 27-22 per lower than the initial Alatau
- cattle of a new breed will have a high reproductive ability (number of calves from 100 females is 95 per cent) and a good adaptation to
stress-factor of mountainous region;
- to organize model processing of ecologically pure meat and other products of cattle-breeding in the eastern part of the Chu Valley;
- to build standard model mini meat-packing plant. In the mini-plant will be installed the line of production of sutures, Sweden type of
“ Street”, made of wombs of cattle for domestic usage and export;
- to begin works on crossing cattle with yaks;
- cattle well fare;
- elaboration of standards for the production of ecologically pure beef.