Generator of Superstrong EM-Fields
Superstrong Subnanosecond Electromagnetic Field Generation.
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
NIIIT (Pulse Techniques), Russia, Moscow
- All-Russian Research Institute of Automatics, Russia, Moscow
Краткое описание проектаAn objective of project is to investigate the possibilities of super strong (E = 3 MEGV/m; H = 8 kA/tn) subnanosecond (3 nsec) electromagnetic field generation in limited volume and to design of generator. Such type generators are unique, without any analogy. They would be used for the following topics:
- basic investigation of substances being put under influence of electromagnetic radiation wth wide range and high energy density. This is necessary in particular for radioelectronic products design, mat would be used in the strong high-frequency field;
- examination of the electromagnetic compatibility of the technical equipment of nuclear power stations, in particular , the equipment that is used under the electromagnetic radiation in the put and output system, in the emergence defence system of the nuclear reactors, in the control power reactors system etc.;
- physical electric constant measuring (electrical stability, dielectric penetration, dielectric loss etc.) of the isolate gas environments such as the air, the nitrogen, , other gas mixtures;
- design and meteorological support of the electromagnetic field electric and magnetic components of detectors ranged for subnanosecond diapason.
At the same time, the pulse energy is small because of small duration and of the fact mat energy density is inversely proportional to a squared distance from a radiator. This precludes a possibility to use such generators for a military application and therefore meets the ISTC objectives. Electromagnetic field is supposed to be formed as a transverse TEM wave spreading in coaxial or striped lines (TEM-cameras). TEM wave is roused by subnanosecond (0.15 sec) near megavolt (0.7 MEGV) pulse being formed by a designer in NIHT CAN-67-type accelerator for electrons. Having such a large pulse amplitude, TEM wave electric component strength, equal by air electric strength.