Metal - Ceramic Junction
Ways and Technology of Connection of Ceramics and Metals with Ceramics for Creation of Thermo-Stable, Tight and Strong Products
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
- Universita Degli Studi di Sassari / Dipartimento di Chimica, Italy, Sassari\nUniversity of North Carolina / North Carolina State University / College of Engineering, USA, NC, Raleigh\nUniversite Technologique Belfort Montbeliard / CNRS UMR 5060 Laboratoire de Metellurgies et Cultures, Nanomateriaux, France, Belfort Cedex
Краткое описание проектаThe goal of proposal project is the development of new technologies of manufacturing ceramic and metal-ceramic products with heightened technical characteristics: tightness, durability, thermal stability, reliability.
Development of technologies of manufacturing of compound, large articles from separate ceramic and metal elements is provided with the project.
To achieve the goals of the project it’s proposed:
- to develop scientific principles of tight and strong connection of ceramics with ceramics with the help of intermediate substances, and ceramics with metal with the help of thermostable glasses, synthesized from the liquid phase;
- to investigate the processes of ceramics wetting with the intermediate substances;
- to investigate the capillary effect and its influence on the structure, tightness and durability of the zone of connection of ceramics with ceramics;
- to synthesize thermostable glasses, intended for connection of ceramics with metals and to investigate its properties;
- to investigate high-temperature chemical and diffusion processes, proceeding in the zones of connections “ceramics-ceramics”, “ceramics-glass”, “glass-metal”, “ceramics-glass-metal”;
- to investigate the gas saturation of metals during the process of connection with certamics.
It’s necessary to give particular attention to synthesis of glass from the liquid phase, investigation of its properties and development of methods with the help of which it’s possible to modify the properties of glass. The synthesis of glasses just from the liquid phase has original scientific and practical value for scientists and engineers, occupied with the problem of synthesis of new glasses and their application.
The works on the project will result in development of new technologies of manufacturing of ceramic and metal-ceramic articles with heightened tightness, durability, thermal stability and reliability.
Building of articles of such class can be accompanied with preparing of 3-4 invention applications and will permit to satisfy many practical requirements.
The patent and information search executed with preparation of the given project, has allowed to reveal the numerous inventions on ways of connection of ceramics with ceramics made for last 10-15 years in USA and especially in Japan.
Many patents received by leaders of modern scientific and technical progress testify to significant practical needs in ceramic and metal-ceramic products.
Orientation of works on building of ceramic and metal-ceramic articles with heightened technical characteristics determines the following technical approaches and methodology.
For ensuring of high reliability of ceramic articles made from separate ceramic elements the zones of connection of these elements should have the chemical composition, structure and properties such as connected ceramics. It’s caused by high sensitivity of ceramics to irregularity of chemical composition, physico-mechanical properties, concentrators of pressures and other defects in the volume of material.
It’s more expediently to connect ceramics and metals with the help of intermediate substances, which have chemical nature as a nature of connected ceramics and metal, exactly on the superficial layer of metal. In this project as such substances the glasses synthesized from a liquid phase will be applied.
For investigation of physico-chemical properties of metals, zones of connection of glass with metals and glass itself will be used standard methods and type equipment.
Investigation of chemical composition of metals, glass and ceramics will be made with complex of methods of chemical and spectral analysis.
Investigation of physical, chemical and diffusion processes, building of new products, its amount and composition will be made with the help of optical, micro X-ray spectral and X-ray phase analysis.
Investigation of saturation of metals with oxygen and distribution of oxygen will be made with the help of method of vacuum extraction and measurement of microhardness.
Determination of tightness and vacuum density will be made with standard methods.
Investigations of tightness and durability under high pressures will be made on special stands and devices.
It is planned to perform great scope of computations, experiments and tests involving scientists and engineers who are former weapon developers.