Organomineral Fertilizer as Powder Destruction Product
Research and Development of the Technology of Microbiological Degradation of Powder and Production of Organo-Mineral Fertilizer Based on the Destruction Products
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
3 Approved without Funding
Center for International Environmental Cooperation (INENCO), Russia, St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Technological Institute / TECHNOLOG Special Design Bureau, Russia, St Petersburg\nInstitute of Highly Pure Biopreparations, Russia, St Petersburg
- MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Finland, Jokioinen\nForschungsschwerpunkt Umwelt - und Bioverfahrenstechnik, Germany, Hamburg\nSCK-CEN, Belgium, Mol
Project summaryActually plenty of ammunition for shooting, artillery and rocket weapons which has stayed in the inheritance from the former Soviet Union is stored in Russia. One of the main components of this ammunition are gunpowder and solid jet fuels (SJF). Stocks of gun powders and SJF. Search of new safe methods of salvaging and new fields of application of out-of-date gun powders, wastes of their production and processing are an actual and perspective the tasks realization of which solves the important ecological and economic problems. The complex decision of these problems will be offered within the framework of the present project. It is offered to execute:
– applied researches for the development of safe technology of grinding of large-sized elements of SJF and pyroxylin powders with the purpose of creating conditions for their further salvaging;
– basic researches of microbiological and chemical denitrification of nitrocellulose;
– development and substantiation of methods of treatment of gun powders, SJF and wastes of their production for the fabrication of various products and composites in the purposes of their subsequent commercial use.
Several developments under the project will be completed by building of pilot sets-up (grinding of SJF, separation of gun powders and SJF components) and also drawing up the standing orders of the corresponding products fabrication (microcrystalline powdery cellulose, organo-mineral fertilizers, sorbents of heavy metals and radionuclides, fuel briquettes, substrates for biogas production).
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.