Test Lab for ICs against Radiation
Micro-Electronic Radiation Technological and Testing Laboratory -"Lira"
Tech Area / Field
- INF-ELE/Microelectronics and Optoelectronics/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
MIFI, Russia, Moscow
- NII "Electrostandart", Russia, St Petersburg\nAll-Russian Research Institute of Automatics, Russia, Moscow\nInstitute of Measuring Systems, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., N. Novgorod
Project summaryIC reliability and radiation hardness are important problems of modern physics and microelectronics. Space craft, atomic industry and nuclear science electronic systems, radiation contaminated situations, disarmament problems are an incomplete list of special IC applications.
The main idea of proposed project is creation of IC testing Laboratory, supplied by portable irradiation installments and modern computer systems of parametric and functional monitoring for basic technological steps of IC production. According our previous investigations, the active radiation actions in combination with continual parametric and functional monitoring allows to find buried defects of IC structure on early steps of technological process and to predict final IC reliable and radhard behavior. Application of inexpensive, compact irradiation and monitoring devices allow simplify and make more cheaper radiation and reliability testing operations, control technology and finally get desirable IC characteristics. These problems are concerned for the most part of world electronics firms, and some of them are developing today these radiation-imitation testing methods to provide desirable reliable and radhard characteristics of IC.
This Project may be interested for the next potential foreign collaborators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, Radiation Technology Department, USA;
- Harris Semiconductor Corporation, LJSA;
- European Space Agency, Netherland;
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA.
The potential Collaborators can take part in this research by scientific information exchange, joint publications, conference presentations, supplying of sample devices for testing and characterization and possible to supply limited funding.