Antiviral Polyprenols of Needle Trees
The Investigation of the Antiviral Activity of Aerosols of the Needle Trees Polyprenols.
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology VECTOR, Russia, Novosibirsk reg., Koltsovo
Project summaryThe purpose of the proposed project is to investigate; the .possibility of the using of new class of natural compounds-needle trees' polyprenols as a nonspecific antiviral preparation. It was shown that these compounds have a mechanism of action on organism that may lead to antiviral effects.
The following works should be, done in the frame of the proposed project:
- to create the preparation rm from this insoluble compounds;
- to develop a system of its delivering;
- to evaluate a schedule,of the preparation application;
- to estimate the preparation efficacy.
As a result of this project will be the conclusion on the works:on development of the commercial preparation form based on the needle trees' polyprenols.
Management approaches and methodology:
The approach for purposeful construction of high-efficiency antiviral preparation which was,developed in our organization will be used. We intend to obtain lyposomal form of preparation (and if it will be needed - the other forms) and develop devices for it delivering in aerosol. Investigation of physical, chemical and biological characteristics of the preparation will be provided by using standard; methods.
As a model infection for estimation of antiviral properties of preparation we choose respiratory infection (e.g. influenza, adenovirus infection, etc.) in laboratory animals sensitive to chosen infection Xe.gv mice). The investigation of viral pathogenesis and influence of the preparation on it will be provided by methods that we used In our previous works on investigation of extremely dangerous infection's pathogenesis (included after aerosol inhalation of pathogen) and in the searching of ways for increasing resistance of organism for this infectious.
In general, the works will use standard method with the exclusion of the unique device for high accuracy maintaining of aerosol characteristics which lead to well defined site of application of inhalation dose of preparation and viruses.
The expected results of this work will be following:
1. Experimental data on antiviral activity of the needle trees' polyprenols preparation for various roots of its delivering (including aerosol one) into laboratory animals.
2. The method for production of preparation for aerosol use which provides particle deposition in various parts of respiratory tract.
3. Experimental data on antiviral action mechanism of needle trees' polyprenol preparation in model animals (including: after aerosol delivering of preparation).
4. The comparison of the antiviral activity of investigated preparation with that of preparation of practical use. If the level of antiviral efficacy will be high enough, preparing of the recommendation for development of preparation on the basis of needle trees' polyprenols production for commercial use and clinical investigation of its characteristics.
Potential role of foreign collaborators:
There is no need in foreign collaborators on first step of proposed work. The collaboration will be needed on the next step of work on the development of a commercial preparation on the basis of needle trees' polyprenols.