Study of New Cell Differentiation factors as Potential Antitumor Drugs.
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russia, Moscow
- Institute of Immunological Engineering, Russia, Moscow reg., Lyubuchany
- Center for Neuroscience Research / Children's National Medical Center, USA, DC, Washington\nUniversity of Maryland, USA, MD, College Park\nFreie Universität Berlin / Institut für Biochemie, Germany, Berlin
Project summaryThe Project is aimed in investigating molecular mechanisms of action of the isolated differentiation factors to design novel medicinals for treating certain forms of acute leucosis. Main Research Tasks to reach the Objective:
- Expression of a 8.2 kDa differentiation factor to obtain preparative amounts for the study the receptor and immunomo-dulating activity of the synthesized protein.
- Research into its immunologic and antitumour characteristics.
- Study of the receptor and immunomodulating activities of LMF and its immunologic and antituomor characteristics.
- Isolation, investigation of the structure and expression of the new protein differentiation factor with molecular mass 8-2 kDa.
- Determination of LMF primary structure and disclosure of its antiproliferative and immunomodulating properties.
- Production in the preparative amounts of the expressed 8.2 kDa differentiation factor for biological research and preclinic trials.
- Conductance of the preclinic trials of the LMF.
Technical Approach and Metodology:
- In order to express 8.2 kDa Differentiation factor, genetically engineered constructions will be obtained with plasmides pULC-2, pMal-c and pTH-1.
- Polymerase chain reaction and other modern techniques will be esed to obtain the gene of differentiation factor.
- Immunoblotting will be used for identification of expressed differentiation factor.
- Physico-chemical properties of the expressed differentiation factor will be studied by circular dichrоism, urea-gra-dient and SDS-electrophoresis.
- Peceptor -binding capacity of the expressed factor will be studied with radioligand-binding assay.
Potential Role of International Collaborators:
It is planned under the project to carry out studies in collaboration with foreign partners, to exchange the information, to prepare joint publications, to exchange samples required for research, to make visits to laboratories of collaborators aiming at carrying out the works under the project, to conduct scientific seminars.