Materials for a Micro Filters
New Materials for a Micro-Filtration
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-ALL/High Performance Metals and Alloys/Materials
3 Approved without Funding
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Non-Organic Materials named after A. Bochvar, Russia, Moscow
- MISIS (Steel and Alloys), Russia, Moscow
- Ancona University, Italy, Ancona\nTU Delft, The Netherlands, Delft\nTU Bergakademie Freiberg / Institut for Silikattechnik, Germany, Freiburg
Project summaryNowadays major problem which has appeared before practically all countries is ecological one. Main ecological problems is a pollution of the environment. There are various methods of a solution of this problem. Effective path of various materials (liquid and gaseous) refinement is application of filters.
The project provides development of new metal materials for a micro-filtration, research of influence of initial raw material properties and technological parameters on characteristics of filtering and constructional materials.
1. Project includes development of composite materials for filtering parts (FP) on the basis of metal and ceramic with open porosity 20-60% and size of pore 25-0,3 mkm. It is planning to use high-porous materials on the basis of stainless steel, titanium, zirconium, carbon, dioxide of zirconium, compound on the basis of the silicon, nickel, aluminum and titanium. One version of the creation of new filter materials is development of multi-layers composite materials.
2. Project includes development of most perspective kinds of FP: cartridge kind for frontal filtration and tube kind for tangential filtration.
3. Project includes research of influence of initial powders properties on products quality:
3.1. Influence of preliminary preparation of powders, form and contour of a surface of particles on kind of FP porosity.
3.2. Influence of fractional structure of particles on sizes and morphology of pores.
3.3. Influence of preliminary clearing of powders on chemical inertness to filtered liquids.
4. Project includes investigation of schemes and parameters of processes of forming FP bars of the required shapes and sizes.
5. Project includes research of influence of parameters and conditions of thermal processing on a modification of FP porosity and strength of cohesion of particles among themselves in FP structure.
6. Project includes research of influence of machining FP surface on a modification of a structure of porous materials.
7. Project includes development of selective layers of FP for a micro-filtration depending on FP kind and development of methods of this layers production as well.
8. Project includes research of modification of a character of pores distribution depending on production methods.
9. Project includes analysis of FP parameters and development of database.
10. Project includes development of new materials with high corrosion resistance properties for constructional parts of FP. This materials must don’t allow to pollute working liquids with various ions.
11. Project includes relation between corrosion resistance of materials and methods of treatment.
12. Project includes complex investigation of production methods depending FP application.
Commercial potential of developing materials is application in following areas: pharmaceutical, biological, cosmetic, food production, nuclear, electronic, aerospace industries, etc. These materials allow to obtain high quality during micro-filtration of water steam, medical water, various water solutions, medical substances, organic dissolvents, acids, alkalis and salts, oils, fuels, aggressive and technological hot gazes, etc. It is possible to use developing materials for micro-filtration of technological water and air against ultra-disperse radio-active particles.
Team of scientists of MISA and RFNC-VNIITF are working in this scientific area during long time and have large experience. It is mean that team of scientists has high qualification and project will be fulfilled.
The project has a non-military aim and correspond to the tasks and targets of International Science and Technology Center.
a) Developing metal filters will have thinness of filtration (refinement) up to 0,5 mkm for liquid substances (nowadays there are metal filters with thinness up to 3 mkm for liquids in world):
- for liquids with pH from 2 up to 14;
- for temperature up to 400 °C;
- including biological substances.
b) Developing metal filters will have effectiveness of refinement of gases up to 99,99995%.
c) Method of production of high-purity filter materials.
d) Four kinds of new filtering materials on the basis of metal with improved properties: low hydraulic resistance; high hardness; high corrosion resistance; high thermal stableness; high thermal conductivity; reiterative thermal and (or) chemical regeneration; low background of admixture (pollution) in refined substance.
e) Pilot developed filters (10 types in 3 units).
f) Database with information about properties of initial materials, version of filter materials, its parameters and characteristics.