Electronic Scanning Radars
Investigation and Ellaboration of Control Principles of High-Performance Electronic Scan Radars for Air Traffic Control (ATC) Systems Based on Artificial Intelligence Technology and Facilities
Tech Area / Field
- SAT-AER/Aeronautics/Space, Aircraft and Surface Transportation
3 Approved without Funding
GNPO Altair, Russia, Moscow
- NII Aeronavigatsiya, Russia, Moscow\nMoscow Power Engineering Institute, Russia, Moscow
Project summaryThe purpose of the proposed project is to develop and investigate the control principles of computerized radars of new generation for the air traffic control (ATC) systems.
By quality, the new generation ATC radar systems are to feature their intelligence capability (intellectuality) which enables to upgrade significantly the main performance specifications of these systems and above all - to increase the flight safety and provide the solution for vital problems of ecological purity, resource-savings and reliability.
Developed on the results of this project, the high-performance radar facilities to be used on international and domestic airlines over the territory of Russia, will enable, in addition to considerable economic advantages, to promote the evolution of new technologies (artificial intelligence, controllable radio electronic systems) and to involve the intellectual potential of the Defense industry scientists in this work.
Scientific and technological approaches to solving the problem lie in development and implementation in the radar systems, of real time complex control principles based on the artificial intelligence technology, as well as in elaboration/formulation of new control principles of radar space probing, radar signal generating and processing and the like.
The technological approach adopted in the project presumes:
– use of the method of situation-oriented control to operate the radar as a basic instrument of solving the task assigned;
– evolution of the theory of controllability of radio technical facilities and formulation of particular recommendations on their structure;
– researches into the voice control facilities (voice recognition systems and speech output devices) and probable applications thereof in the ATC systems.
The application of situation-oriented control of radars and other artificial intelligence facilities in combination with the today's technique of radar signal generation and processing will make it possible to raise the level of flight safety over the territory of Russia while the air traffic intensity grows, as well as to provide adequate ecology-preservation and resource-saving capabilities required for radar systems of the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century.