Hydraulically Induced Vibrations
Theoretical and test Analysis of Hydraulically Induced Vibrations in Compact Curling Tube Steam Generators.
Tech Area / Field
- FIR-ENG/Reactor Engineering and NPP/Fission Reactors
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Tocheny L V
MGTU (Moscow State Technical University), Russia, Moscow
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise Research and Development Institute of Power Engineering named after N.A.Dollezhal, Russia, Moscow\nExperimental Designing Bureau of Machine Building (OKBM), Russia, N. Novgorod reg., N. Novgorod
- JAERI / Tokai Research Establishment, Japan, Tokai Mura\nANSALDO, Italy, Genova\nElectrotechnische Materialen, The Netherlands, Arnhem\nForschungszentrum Rossendorf / Institut für Sicherheitsforschung, Germany, Dresden
Project summaryThe complex of scientific, research design and experimental works associated with ensuring the vibrational reliability of the heat transfer equipment elements in water cooling reactor sets in the flow of coolant has been being accomplished for more than thirty years in the ex -USSR. Those scientific works resulted in obtaining functions of oscillations frequency and amplitude, finding out the role of descrete curling structures, turbulence, acoustic effects and formulating the effective measures of vibro stresses and vibrowear level decreasing, providing the constructions cycle firmness, Similar research has been fulfilled by all leading specialists in the field of pressurized water and boiling reactors design.
However the task of choosing first contour most important element of heat transfer equipment - steam generator constructive characteristics which satisfy the criteria of vibrational firmness and very specific reactor set requirements as well nowadays is very important. That is actual for the curling tube steam generators because of transversal pipes strimling coolant flow.
The analysis of accumulated in Russia experience of the curling tube steam generators vibrational strength reliability shows the reality of solving the vibrational firmness reliability task during the period of steam generator design.
The substantiation of the curling tube steam generators vibrational firmness reliability powerful tool is the program computing the dynamic heat exchanger pipes behavior which is supposed to determine the stressed deformed state and estimate the pipes system firmness.Testing of the program on the base of known dynamic characteristics of curling tube steam generators construction elements and special experiments on the physical models of the steam generator curling tube being designed will allow to create a powerful tool of the perspective reactor sets important element project substantiation satisfying both requirements ASME and Russian analogies. Summing the potentials of project participants makes the budget of the sophisticated software product creation and its effective use for the new generation reactor sets safety increasing task solution much lower.
The specific project subtasks are outlined below:
1. Develop the mathematical models and calculation methods of the vibrostressed curling tube steam generator pipes state.
2. Develop the mathematical and computer software of the vibrostressed state theoretical calculations analysis and compact curling tube steam generator pipes resource estimation for the nuclear reactor set ISIS being developed by ANSALDO Corporation.
3. Obtain the experimental data of hydraulically induced vibrations using specially constructed physical models of the curling tube steam generator while simulating working load in conditions provided by the hydraulic test devices
4. Obtain the experimental data of the hydrodynamic force distribution stimulating pipes oscillations, adjunct mass of oscillating liquid, hydrodynamic damping of oscillations.
5. Verificate the calculation method of software complex according to the results of physical models experimental tests.
6. Formulate the recommendations on the optimal tube leads in the tube curling, distances between distance lattices, coolant flow flux for the compact steam generator with tube curling in the reactor set ISI from the condition of allowed vibro stresses level and allowed vibrowear.
Organizations participating in the project have been studying the problems of nuclear sets power equipment durability, vibrostrength (including steam generators pipe systems) for a very long period of time. A unique crew of qualified scientists, engineers and specialists is involved in this specific branch of research. The project basement includes previously tested theoretical and experimental methods which were confirmed by the results of real analysis close to the contents of the project.
This project promotes the use of the newest technologies in the sphere of reactor design to create a high safety reactor set which is the direct contribution of Russia into solution of mankind power ensuring task in the twenty first century. The project either provides the wide partnership between organizations in Russia and ANSALDO Corporation. Being developed in the nearest future this project may result in a long time period cooperation of Russia, Italy, Japan, USA and other countries organizations in the field of the High Safety Nuclear Reactor Set perspective conception.