Development of the Technology for Stone Products on the Basis of Local Raw Material
Tech Area / Field
- OBS-NAT/Natural Resources and Earth Sciences/Other Basic Sciences
- MAN-PDM/Plant Design and Maintenance/Manufacturing Technology
3 Approved without Funding
Tajik State National University, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
- Tajiktexstilmash, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
Project summaryTajikistan is highland country, i.e. 93 % of its territory is occupied with mountain circuits Tyan-Shan and Pamir. Mountains are consisted basically of magmatic and metamorphic breeds.
Magmatic rocks especially recognized (basalt, diabases, spilits etc.) are widely distributed on northern, central parts of republic and on Pamir, are the basic stone raw materials for stone moulding manufactures.
Necessity of the development and creation of petrurgical manufactures proceeds from this point that from them it is possible to receive pipes of the various form and sizes, trays, plates, refractory lined coverings for hydraulic engineering constructions, the equipment of technical and domestic purposes etc, which are necessary for various branches of the national economy our republic.
Moreover the stonecast products have application in many branches of the national economy (water and municipal), and also in mining and chemical industry, water supply and land reclamation, road construction etc.
There are no big stocks of black and alloying metals in Tajikistan. In this case stone moulding manufacture are alternative products for metals. Now black and alloying metals buy and bring from other countries. But, at the same time, Tajikistan has the big stocks and kinds of mineral raw material for manufacture of products of stone molding.
For achievement of posed (formulated) goals it is necessary to solve the following tasks:
- The forecast estimation of kind’s stone raw material and their geographical accommodation in the territory of Republic of Tajikistan.
- The establishment and substantiation of suitability petrurgical material (basalts, diabases, amphibolits, anortizts etc.) for the stone moulding complex products manufacture.
- The geological and economic substantiation of the discovered and discoverable new deposits.
- Field works for the forecasting of technology and new ways of use of mineral raw material, development of ways of enrichment and methods of updating, with reference to concrete branches of a national economy.
Another reasoning the factor declining us to development and manufacture of products and materials of stone molding are their below-mentioned properties:
- Possession high strengthening properties, (limit of durability at compression changes from 3700 up to 8500 kg / sm2) and those at a stretching and a bend;
- The expense of work for manufacturing of stonecast products is much less, than at natural mechanical processing;
- The products from stone moulding and fire-liquid metallurgical slags allow considerably to increase service life of devices, pipelines and facing materials in chemical, metallurgical, power and other industries, and also housing and communal services;
- The good attrition-resistany;
- The fire resistance;
- The thermostability;
- The decorative effect;
- The dielectric properties etc.