Drug Delivery Systems
Development of the Technologies for Production of New Drug Delivery Systems.
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Institute of Highly Pure Biopreparations, Russia, St Petersburg
- University of Vienna / Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Austria, Vienna\nNational Institute of Engineering and Industrial Technology (INETI), Portugal, Queluz de Balxo
Project summaryThe proposed project aims to design the technologies for production of new effective drug delivery systems administered by peroral, intranasal, aerosol and injection routes to assure the controlled release of therapeutic substances.
The project realization will ensure the following results to be obtained:
- development of new effective peroral, intranasal, inhalation drug forms with controlled release of therapeutic substance for treatment and prophylaxis of infectious diseases, radiation injuries, malignant tumors, poisonings and toxicoses
- development of the optimal methods for complex inhalation therapy of human diseases
- development of biocompatible sorptional materials for selective sorption of exo- and endotoxins, and controlled release of a therapeutic substance
- optimization of procedures, doses and administration routes, and development of recommendations on application of liposomal, microcapsulated and sorbent-stabilized drug delivery systems for treatment and prophylaxis of infectious diseases, radiation injuries, malignant tumors, various poisonings and toxicoses.
To develop the technologies the up-to-date chemical, physico-chemical, immunological and medicobiological methods will be used.
The total person-months of effort of the Institute's employees will come to 1260.
The proposed project agrees with the ISTC's main objectives and assures:
- the possibility to the Institute's scientists and engineers who possess knowledge and skills in the field of development of protective means against biological weapons, to focus their knowledge on research directed to peaceful purposes only
- the creation of the basis for the following scientific-production activities of the Institute in the market economy of our country, and the use of financial results of these activitites in order to maintain and develop the Institute's long-term fundamental and applied investigations directed to peaceful purposes only.