Beta-Alumina Solid Electrolyte
The Solid Electrolyte from Beta -Alumina and Technical Devices Based on it
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-ALL/High Performance Metals and Alloys/Materials
3 Approved without Funding
NPO Lutch, Russia, Moscow reg., Podolsk
- NPO MION, Georgia, Tbilisi
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), USA, IL, Argonne
Project summaryIn executing the project it is supposed meeting the following research and applied tasks:
- optimization of fabrication process for the solid electrolyte from sodium polyaluminate (beta-alumina);
- development, manufactures and tests of experimental thermoelectrochemical converter (TECC) with a 15-20 W electrical power;
- development, manufactures and tests of sodium/ metalchoride accumulator prototype.
Potential Role of Foreign Collaborators
Problems of development fabrication process for the solid electrolyte and devices based on it arouse interest of many-foreign firm, specifically, the Argonne National Laboratory (USA) works at the sodium/metalchloride system (cathode optimization). AMPS firm (USA) works actively at the direction of building the thermoelectrochemical converter (AMTEC).
At present, there are being carried on negotiations with the above firms in respect to support efforts on building the technical devices on base of the beta-alumina solid electrolyte.