Assimilation of Aluminum Hydride
Assimilation of Substandard Component of Solid Rocket Fuel (Aluminum Hydride) for Expansion of New Inorganic Materials Class
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Institute of Water Problems, Hydro-Power Engineering and Ecology, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
- Institute of Chemistry named after V.I.Nikitin, Academy of Sciences, Republic of Tajikistan, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
- Florida Solar Energy Center, USA, FL, Cocoa\nMER Corporation, USA, AZ, Tucson\nInstitute for Energy Technology (IFE), Norway, Kjeller
Project summaryThe purpose of the project is to develop the technology of using substandard component of solid rocket fuel (aluminum hydride) in realization of chemical reactions for synthesis of films and powders of semi-conductor, dielectric and magnetic materials. During long-lasting storage of aluminum hydride occur the undesirable spontaneous processes of its decomposition with extraction of gaseous hydrogen. In this case the composition of aluminum hydride enriches with metallic aluminum. As a result it facilitates formation of aluminum hydride wastes as substandard component of solid rocket fuel.
At bombing substandard aluminum hydride with chemically active particles (hydrogen atoms), heat current and recombination energy of chemically active particles on the surface of aluminum hydride promote gradual decomposition of hydride phase of aluminum. The formed active atomic hydrogen may be used for reactions between components of mechanical mixture. The project is aimed on creation of conditions for reorientation of scientists, which are involved in the development of materials for products of war purpose and their involvement in solution of problems, connected with development of technology of using substandard component of solid rocket fuel.
To solve the set problems it is planned to solve the following tasks:
1. Development of plasmochemical device and optimized generation system for chemically active particles.
2. Regulation of decomposition kinetics of substandard aluminum hydride and chemical reactions for synthesis of materials.
2.1. Modeling of distribution and determination of quantity of energy of chemically active particles for organization of aluminum hydride’ decomposition with moderate speed.
2.2. Development of unmanned system for shifting of container with mechanical mixture of initial components and aluminum hydride about generation center of chemically active particles.
3. Technological tasks of assimilation of substandard aluminum hydride in the process of materials synthesis.
3.1. Investigation of the structure, physico-chemical properties of the products of reaction of chemically active particles with initial mixture in the presence of aluminum hydride. Determination of optimal ratio of mechanical mixture and aluminum hydride. 3.2. Development of the technology for effective use of substandard aluminum hydride in the processes of synthesis of materials.