P-oxybenzoic Acid Production
New Efficient Technology for the Production of p-Oxybenzoic Acid
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
- CHE-SYN/Basic and Synthetic Chemistry/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, Kazakstan, Almaty
- The Republican Government Enterprise on the basic of economic control rights “Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems” , Kazakstan, Gvardeiski
Project summaryThe aim of the project is to carry out scientific-research and experienced-constractive works (SRECW) for elaboration of a new efficient technology of the obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid and arrangement of its experienced production.
The essence of the problem:
The offered new technology of obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid is based on worked out by the authors of the project – a new method of obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid by the reaction of phenol’s carboxylation with potassium salt of ethylcarbonic acid. The technology is highly-economic. According to the new technology production cost of p-oxybenzoic acid is 2-3 times lower than its cost of producing it by existing industrial method.
Main problems which must be solved for achievement of the project aim:
- Defining optimum parameters of the new technology of the obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid;
- Working out laboratory regulation of the obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid;
- Carrying out toxicological tests of p-oxybenzoic acid, obtained by the new technology;
- Experienced-constractive works for the arrangement a small-scale production of the preparation.
The Importance of the project:
The realization of the given project will help to solve the problems of chemical production’s formation in Republic of Kazakhstan. The scientists and engineers participating in the project, who had been formerly involved on weapon’s development, will be provided by alternative job, connected with peaceful problems.
The Role of Foreign Collaborators:
Participation in joint scientific research work for the development of the offered in the project new technology for the obtaining p-oxybenzoic acid and assistance in selection and ordering the necessary equipment.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.