Environment Risks in Baikonur Area
System Analysis of an Environment Objects in the Territories of Kazakhstan which Suffered Negative Influence through Baikonur Space Port Activity
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-MRA/Modelling and Risk Assessment/Environment
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Rudneva V Ya
Kazakh National University / Center of Physical and Chemical Methods of Analysis, Kazakstan, Almaty
Project summaryThe purpose of the given project is the creation of a system, which will allow to supply the analysis of an environment of Kazakhstanterritory treated by negative influence of activity of a space port of "Baikonur". Major factors of negative effect of start of a space equipment on an environment are:
- products of combustion of fuel during start of space systems;
- a plume of rocket engines;
- head shock wave originating at low heights for want of a supersonic velocity of flight;
- a strait of not produced residuals of fuel;
- a radioactive radiation (nuclear power sources);
- electromagnetic radiation;
- noise and vibrations;
- an ejection in atmosphere ozone destroyed of substances;
- a contamination of regions of a falling by a debris metallic consrtuctions.
The variety of the listed factors, furthermore of different order, has not allowed to reduce them into a defenite system. The creation of such system is actual because it will allow to supply ecological safety of space-rocket activity. For creation of such system first of all it is necessary to form a data box. In its turn such basis is possible because of of huge statistical material carrying a multifactor character. The special place is taken by the results of phisical-chemical diagnostics in a line-up soil–water–air–plant–animals–person, which will allow:
- to create the normative - methodical documentation on an evaluation, decrease(reduction) and indemnification of harmful effect of activity of a Military-Kosmic Complex MKK on territory of Republic of Kazakhstan;
- to generate a data bank on a condition of nature-economic activity of territories of Kazakhstan subject to effect MКК;
- to create systems of constant ecological monitoring of regions of a falling of the launcher "Proton".
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.