The Crystal L-Tryptophane New Technology
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
- AGR-FOD/Food & Nutrition/Agriculture
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
JSC Biochimmash, Russia, Moscow
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory / Chemical Technology Division, USA, TN, Oak Ridge\nFermPro Manufacturing LLP, USA, SC, Kingstree
Project summaryGoal of the project:
The crystal L-Tryptophane new technology.
L-Tryptophane – one of indispensable amino acids for man and animals and necessary component in structure of high-grade fibers,- plays an essential role in an alive organisms substances exchange. The lack of L-Tryptophane in a diet results in various diseases: crawfish, diabetes, tuberculosis, pellagra, the diseases of nervous system. Animals lose in weight and suffer from anemia. L-Tryptophane is used in medicine.
– in structure blood substitutes;
– to treatment of mentally retarded children;
– as sedative;
– as the food additives (in structure amino acids mixes) for sportsmen during trainings;
– in agriculture for balancing forages with the purpose of increase overweights.
The basic idea of the project consists in improvement of technology of the crystal L-Tryptophane production, allowing to diminish cost price of the final product. Taking into account, that requirement of our country in medical L-Tryptophane is about 50 t/year, and in fodder – about 200 t/year, the problem of improvement of technology of biosynthesis of L-Tryptophane is really urgent. The collective of the scientific project has long-term experience of work in the area of biotechnology:
– in development of technology of biosynthesis of various amino acids (lysine, tryptophane, leucine, isoleucine, valine);
– in development of technology of allocation amino acids;
– in development and application of mathematical models of growth of microorganisms for management of processes cultivation;
– in development of the laboratory and trial technological rules of manufacture of amino acids;
– in development of the engineering specifications.
As a result of performance of the project the advanced technology of L-Tryptophane production will be developed, the trial tests on stand installation are carried out, experimental batches are produced and the documentation regulating sanitary and technological norms of manufacture will be prepared.
Meeting ISTC goals and objectives.
Project completely corresponds to the purposes and tasks ISTC. It will be carried out at participation of the experts of Russia, before working in military area, in contact with the experts of other research establishments. The researches are directed on the decision economic, medical, agricultural, and also social tasks (industrial manufacture L-Tryptophane of medical and fodder purposes with use of the advanced technology will be organized, that will allow to diminish the cost price of the final product, to supply medical establishments with a necessary preparation for reasonable prices, will allow the agricultural enterprises to increase the parameters, and also to keep workplaces of the personnel of research establishments and working manufactures.
Scope of activities.
Performance of the project assumes realization of a complex theoretical and experimental researches, technological works, development technical permissive documentation directed on the decision of the following tasks:
– development to advanced technology of biosynthesis L-Tryptophane and allocation of a target product from cultural liquid;
– realization of trial tests of the advanced technology of L-Tryptophane production;
– development of the laboratory and trial rules;
– development of the engineering specifications regulating manufacture of L-Tryptophane in accordance to norms and rules, accepted in Russian Federation.
All tasks are carried out by participating organization: Biochimmash, in view of the basic structure of its activity. The results of work will be represented as reports, articles, protocols of experiments, technical decisions on improvement of L-Tryptophane technology.