Nuclear Activity Monitoring System
Development of an Intelligent System for Monitoring and Evaluation of Peaceful Nuclear Activities
Tech Area / Field
- INF-SOF/Software/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
Moscow State University, Russia, Moscow
- Nuclear Safety Institute, Russia, Moscow\nMoscow Scientific Center for Culture and Information Technologies, Russia, Moscow
- University of California / College of Engineering, USA, CA, Berkeley\nInternational Atomic Energy Agency / Department of Safeguards, Austria, Vienna\nKnowledge - Base Development LTD, UK, London
Project summaryThe goal of the project is development of theoretical bases and techniques of creation information monitoring systems for evaluation the current state of the problem and monitoring its development, and also synthesis on this base the prototype of a particular system - the system for information monitoring of peaceful nuclear activities.
The theoretical, methodological and technological results are oriented to a wide sections of problems, connected with human - computer processing of fragmentary, perse, multi-level, unreliable, dynamic information on some problem with the purpose of evaluation of a current condition of the problem and modeling of various variants of its development. Such problems arise during the analysis of social, economic, ecological and other problems. The results received during fulfillment of the project may be used for development of systems information monitoring systems in similar areas.
The system engineering will allow to attract the scientists and engineers involved in the development of mass destruction weapons in Russia for realization of the important international political and technological problem -monitoring of peaceful nuclear activities. Importance and the urgency of this problem are emphasized by authoritative international organization and partner in the project - International Atomic Energy Agency. The support of the project by ISTC will allow solving on a systematic basis a number of theoretical, technical and technological problems that will make the technology more flexible and universal.
It, in turn, will expand a spectrum of applications and will allow the scientists and engineers who take part in the project to create long-term prospects in civil sector.
The system, which is to be developed within the framework of the project bases on new information technology developed on the basis the theory of fuzzy sets and technology of intelligent systems, which was repeatedly reported on a number of scientific conferences. Theoretical base of information monitoring systems is the theory of the analysis and synthesis of fuzzy discretic hierarchical dynamic systems, is being developed for a number of years on Department of Mathematical Theory of Intelligent Systems Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics Lomonosov in Moscow State University. Such systems are oriented to human-computer processing of perse, fragmentary, multi-level, unreliable, fuzzy, changing in time and probably inconsistent information related to a problem and allows evaluating a state of the problem and building the forecasts of its development. For each of the listed above properties of the information the system of measures which allow effectively processing it from the point of view of the system goal is offered.
During the realization of the given works is planned to test and improve a number of technical, theoretical and technological decisions, that will allow to make the given technology more flexible and universal and accordingly will expand opportunities of its distribution.
The list of the main publications related to the project:
- Ryjov A. The axiomatic definition of a linguistic scale fuzziness degree, its major properties and applications // North American Fuzzy Logic Proceeding Society (NAFIPS' 92). Proceedings of a Conference held in PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO, December 15-17, 1992. NASA Conference Publication 10112, Vol. 1, p. 21-29.
- Ryjov A. The Information Retrieval in Fuzzy Data Base // Proceedings of the Fifth International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress'93. - July 4-9, 1993, Seoul, Korea. - Vol.1. p. 477 - 480.
- Belenki A. and Ryjov A. Fuzzy Logic in Monitoring the Non-Spread of Nuclear Weapons // Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Technologies in Nuclear Science - Proceedings of the 1st International FLINS Workshop Mol, Belgium, September 14-16, 1994 - Edited by Da Ruan, Pierre D'hondt, Paul Govaerts, Etienne E. Kerre, World Scientific - p. 219-222.
- Belenki A. and Ryjov A. The technology of information monitoring of complex problems // Third European Congress on Intelligent Technologies and Soft Computing. Aachen, Germany, August 28-31, 1995. Proceedings, Volume 1. p. 198-202.
- Belenki A. and Ryjov A. Fuzzy logic in monitoring the non-proliferation of nuclear technologies, raw materials and weapons // Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems.
Potential role of the foreign partners: IAEA is the initiator of the given works and will maintain the system, which is to be developed. The Agency will recommend the experts for construction of a model of the problem, the necessary equipment during the work of the project team in Vienna and will provide e additional financing in the case of occurrence of unexpected expenses.