Development of recombinant vaccine preparates.
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
State Research Center for Applied Microbiology, Russia, Moscow reg., Obolensk
- United States Department of Agriculture / Agricultural Research Service, USA, MD, Beltsville\nInstituto Ricerche Immunobiologiche, Italy, Siena
Project summaryThe purpose of the project is to develop the recombinant vaccines against pertussis, diphtheria, leptospirosis, P. aeruginosa infections and salmonellosis. To realize the problem it is suggested:
- to clone and modify the nucleotide sequences of genes of pertussis, diphtheria and ETA toxins in order to reduce their fermentative (toxic) properties;
- to clone genes of the Leptospira interrogans protective antigene;
- to investigate fermentative (toxic) and protective properties of recombinant toxoids and leptospirosis immunogenes;
- to produce the attenuated strains of Salmonella and investigate their vaccine properties.
As a result the genetic structures encoding for synthesis of diphtheria, pertussis and ETA toxoids, leptospirosis immunogenes will be constructed and corresponding producer strains will be obtained. The attenuated strains of Salmonella suitable for both live vaccines against salmonellosis and bacterial vectors will be produced.
The experienced scientists and engineers previously worked in defense area will be engaged to realize the project. Industrial and laboratory facilities will be used for development of promising vaccines which Public Health of Russian Federation is need of.