Monitoring of Construction State
Design of Fiber-Optic System Intended to Monitor State of Constructions with Peak Temperature at Measure Points up to 1000 °C
Tech Area / Field
- INF-DAT/Data Storage and Peripherals/Information and Communications
- INF-ELE/Microelectronics and Optoelectronics/Information and Communications
- INF-SIG/Sensors and Signal Processing/Information and Communications
- INS-MEA/Measuring Instruments/Instrumentation
3 Approved without Funding
Production Company "Start", Russia, Penza reg., Zarechny
- Research and Design Institute of Radio-Electronic Engineering, Russia, Penza reg., Zarechny\nInstitute of General Physics named after A.M. Prokhorov RAS / Fiber Optical Research Center, Russia, Moscow\nNIIEFA Efremov, Russia, St Petersburg
- Sensa, UK, Southampton\nIPHT-Jena / Institut für Physicalishe Hochtechnologie e.v., Germany, Jena
Project summaryThe project aim is to design, produce and test sensory system based on fiber sensors combined into a single body. Such sensory systems are used to uninterruptedly monitor state of constructions and different engineering structures. They are very important component of state-of-the-art safe operation support devices used at different sites. The Project ideology is usage of intra-fiber optic Bragg gratings as sensing elements of monitoring systems. These intra-fiber optic Bragg gratings are recorded in nitrogen-doped silica-based optical fibers. Their peculiarity is high thermostability. Owing to this, such type sensors scope of use is wider as compared with analogues. During the project it is planned to design fiber-optic systems specially adapted for monitoring of mechanical deformations, temperature and magnetic fields.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.