Monitoring Peste de pedis ruminants
Immunobiologic properties peste des petits ruminants virus and elaboration of specific prevention
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
- BIO-SFS/Biosafety and BioSecurity/Biotechnology
3 Approved without Funding
Kyrgyz Research Institute of Veterinary named after A.Duysheev, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Kyrgyz Agrarian University, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Pirbright Institute / Vaccine Differentiation Group, UK, Pirbright
Project summaryThe main objective of the project is to carry out epidemiological monitoring plague of small ruminants, virus isolation, the study of its properties and immuno-genetic structure. Research of pathological and histological changes in the organs of the immune system and the inpidual affected organs, with natural infection. Depositing local strain suitable for the production of vaccines based on it, and diagnostic preparations. Development of the scheme of prophylactic measures, to suit local climatic conditions, and biological properties of the virus the allocation of local strain.
To obtain this aim it is necessary to solve the following tasks:
1) Conduct an analysis of the epidemiological situation in recent years
2) Investigate the presence of serum virus-specific antibodies in sheep and goats;
3) Select, adapt and explore immunobiological properties virus isolate plague of small ruminants on acceptable cell cultures
4) Conduct a phylogenetic analysis (sequencing)
5) Explore the microstructure of the internal organs and regional of lymph nodes naturally infected with peste des petits ruminants.and for comparative analysis - the normal structure of secondary organs immunogenesis;
6) Research the pathological morphology of the lymph nodes, lungs, kidneys and tripe naturally infected with peste des petits ruminants.
7) Develop a program for the monitoring and prevention of peste des petits ruminants.
For all tasks will be used scientific and technical methods. The project will be carried out in the laboratory of Virology and Biotechnology Kyrgyz Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, at the Kyrgyz National Agrarian University named after KI Scriabin.
To elucidate the epizootic situation in the country will be explored in blood serum of susceptible animals, pathological material from diseased and dead animals. Research will conduct the most highly skilled modern diagnostic methods (ELISA, PCR, sequencing).
To design an electronic database will be used the program ArcGIS, with entering flash points for GPS navigator.
Histological sections are obtained using sledge microtome 5-8 microns and automatic microtome new modification thickness of 2-4 microns. For microscopic analysis, general histological sections are stained with hematoxylin and eosin. Histopathological analysis of preparations will be conducted under the light microscope OLYMPUS at weak and strong magnification.