Development of Experimental Large-scale Technology and Creation of Technological Line of Rubomicine Production
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
AO Omutninsky Scientific Experimental and Industrial Base, Russia, Kirov reg., Vostochny
- InFarmatic - Fine Chemical and Pharmaceutical Business Consulting, Hungary, Budapest\nANTHRA Pharmaceuticals, Inc., USA, TN, Memphis
Project summaryRubomycine is antracyclic anticancer antibiotics extracted in GO-s years. As medicinal preparation it is widely used for treatment of patients with blood cancer. It is used as initial raw material for doxorubicine production. There are suppositions about possible production of other anticancer preparations on its base.
With the scientific aims it is used to study mechanisms of interaction of health and affected organs and tissues with drugs, to develop new ways of treatment, assessment of the preparations' efficiency.
Lately, the studies on the development of new systems of delivery of antracyclic antibiotics to affected cells are extended. There is information about the development of liposomal systems for doxorubucyne delivery, about the application of hydrogels and heterogenic gels.
The aim of the project is the development of technology and organization of hydrochloride rubomycine production.
Main goals of the project:
- the study of antibiotics strain-producer property;
- the study of technological processes of the strain-producer cultivation, extraction and purification, half-product and finished product control and implementation of prospective processes and methods;
- the creation of technological line of antibiotics production.
Organization of manufacturing of antitumor antibiotics substance.
Technical approach and methods
It is planned to provide the study of strain-producer properties and processes connected with the production and extraction of antibiotics by means of HPLC, gas chromatography, other physical and microbiological methods.
It is planned to increase the efficiency of antibiotic extraction and purification processes by the inclusion of modern equipment and prospective methods into technological process.
The works are performed by stages, using the equipment available at the enterprise with the assessment of the possibility of the laboratory results implementation into large-scale production.