Rotary Turbines and Pumps
Development and creation of new constructions of effective rotary turbines and pumps (RTP) for using them in small power engineering and spheres of economy
Tech Area / Field
- NNE-MEC/Miscellaneous Energy Conversion/Non-Nuclear Energy
3 Approved without Funding
Georgian Technical University, Georgia, Tbilisi
- Active Media, USA, DC, Washington
Project summaryThe goal of the project is development and creation of new constructions of effective rotary hydraulic turbines, pumps and thermal turboengines for using them in hydraulic and thermal electric power stations of low capacity and in other brunches of economy of Georgia.
The novelty of the project is the difference between the constructions of stator, rotor and working blades of the proposed rotary turbines and pumps and of the existed analogical engines.
Proposed hydraulic and thermal turbines are engines of capacious ejection and in contrast to existed turbines, they work by using statical head of working liquid.
Actuality of the problem is that nowadays in Georgia is increased interest in development local hydraulic, fuel and secondary power resources.
To realize this goal it is necessary to develop new effective constructions of turbines and pumps. For their creation we don't need big investments, much time and their introduction will favorite reduction of electric power crisis and rising of economy in Georgia. Scientific newness of the project is development of theory, method of calculation and construction of new effective rotary turbines and pumps (RTP), so on the basis of it will be created one and polystage rotary pumps and thermal turbines.
Practical value in case of realization of project, is creation of:
1. Rotary hydroturbine for using small hydraulic head, and it will favorite developing hydropower potential of mountain rivers more completely in Georgia.
2. One- and polystage rotary pumps for pumping out water and oil from deep wells, also for transportation of black oil, oil and other viscous liquids by tubes.
3. One- and polystage rotary turboengines of gas (steam) of low capacity for using them in small power engineering, in transport engines and in other spheres of industry.
Project has great social significance, because it will favorite supporting and keeping of scientific personnel in sphere of power engineering and in machine-building and training of highly skilled young specialists.
Potential role of foreign collaborators consist of presenting base of data, containing information about experimental investigations in sphere of creation and testing of power engines of low capacity.