Salicylic Acid Production
New Effective Technology of Obtaining the Salicylic Acid
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
- CHE-SYN/Basic and Synthetic Chemistry/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, Kazakstan, Almaty
- The Republican Government Enterprise on the basic of economic control rights “Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems” , Kazakstan, Gvardeiski
Project summaryThe Aim of the project:
Carrying out scientific-research and experienced-constructive works (SRECW) for elaboration of a new effective technology of obtaining the salicylic acid and for organization its experienced production.
The essence of the problem:
The offered new technology of obtaining the salicylic acid is based on elaborated by the authors of the project – a new method of obtaining the salicylic acid by the reaction of phenol’s carboxylation with sodium salt of ethylcarbonic acid. The technology is highly-economic. According to the new technology the cost of producing the salicylic acid is 2-3 times lower than its cost of producing by existing industrial method.
Main problems which must be solved for achievement of the project aim:
- Defining optimum parameters of the new technology of obtaining the salicylic acid;
- Working out laboratory regulation of the obtaining salicylic acid;
- Carrying out the toxicological tests of salicylic acid, obtained by the new technology;
- Working out the Temporary pharmacopeic clause on the preparation;
- Projecting and experienced-constructive work for arrangement a small-scale production of the preparation.
The Importance of the project:
Realization of the given project will help to develop pharmaceutical industry of Republic of Kazakhstan. Now Kazakhstan because of weak development of pharmaceutical industry has to import about 95% of medicine. Participation in the project scientists and engineers formerly involved in weapons development will provide for them alternative job, connected with peaceful problems.
The Role of Foreign Collaborators:
Participation in joint research work for development the new technology of obtaining the salicylic acid offered in the project and assistance in selection and ordering the necessary equipment
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.