Nuclear Data for Minor Actinides
Measurement and Evaluation of Cross Section for Minor Actinides in Low Energy Region
Tech Area / Field
- FIR-NOT/Nuclear and Other Technical Data/Fission Reactors
- FIR-EXP/Experiments/Fission Reactors
- FIR-MOD/Modelling/Fission Reactors
3 Approved without Funding
Kurchatov Research Center, Russia, Moscow
- VNIIEF, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., Sarov\nResearch Coordination Center on the Problem of Muon Catalyzed Fusion and Exotic Quantum Systems, Russia, Moscow
- Tokyo Institute of Technology / Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors, Japan, Tokyo
The aim of the project is to measure and evaluate nuclear data for minor actinides (MA). The data is necessary for working out the advanced critical or subcritical reactors intended for transmutation of MA.
The following scientific and technical problems are supposed to be solved within the project.
· The nuclear data (cross sections and so on) for the nuclei Cm-245, Cm-244, Am-243, Cm-247, Cm-243, Am-242m, Am-241, Cf- 251, Cm-246, Pu-241, Pu-238 ,Np-237 will be measured.
· The re-evaluation of cross section for MA will be performed taking into account new measurements. The nuclear data files and libraries will be created for the continuous energy Monte Carlo codes.