Plant Preparations for Animal Breeing
Demonstration of Technology to Substitute Feed Antibiotics by Complex Plant-Based Preparations while Breeding of Different Animals
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
3 Approved without Funding
Research Centre of Experimental and Applied Technology Centre-BIOTIN, Russia, Kirov reg., Kirov
- Russian Scientific-Research Institute of Hunting and Fur Farming, Russia, Kirov reg., Kirov\nResearch and Production Center for Environmental Monitoring "RACEM", Russia, Kirov reg., Kirov\nKirov State Medical Academy, Russia, Kirov reg., Kirov
- A.M. Todd Company, USA, OR, Eugene
Project summaryIn present-day technologies of animal and bird breeding fodder antibiotics are often used. They ensure profits to farms and recover financial-economic costs of mixed fodder manufactures.
However, regular use of antibiotics in fodder rations, their accidental overdosing have negative after-effects not only on animals, but also on man. Thus, traces of used fodder antibiotics in food products resulted quite often in sensibilization of an organism and subsequently steady allergic reactions in man. Besides, because of the use of biopreparations for prophylactic purposes in poultry and animal breeding there are cases of absolute resistance of microorganisms to one or another antibiotic that in the long run decreased the efficiency of disease treatment both in animals, and man.
The experiments of the past years (1970-1980) carried out in fur-bearing animal breeding, rabbit breeding, animal and poultry breeding on the use of complex preparations of a plant origin and preparations of a regulating energy-tropic type in food rations with the purpose to increase productivity of animals and poultry showed reliable positive results in certain indices of quality and biomass increase in experimental objects.
However, till now the efficiency of fodder antibiotics substitution for complex plant preparations (coniferous chlorophyll-carotene paste, coniferous aqueous extract and “coniferous” polyprenols), energy metabolism regulators (EMR) and their combinations with plant preparations for technologies of different animals feeding has not been practically studied.
The data on the efficiency of “coniferous” veterinary aromatherapy (aerosol preparations of essential oils of pine, spruce and fir, “coniferous” polyprenols) in technologies of caged breeding of rabbits and small animals, in industrial poultry and animal breeding both in Russia, and abroad were not found.
In connection with above-given information on the problem of finding ways of ecologically clean agricultural products for man we consider it expedient
by the given project: to show the technology of fodder antibiotics replacement by complex plant preparations (coniferous chlorophyll-carotene paste, coniferous aqueous extract, sodium chlorophyllin, coniferous provitamin concentrate, preparations “Phosprenil” and “coniferous” natural polyprenols), compositions of EMR and their combinations with plant preparations in fodder rations of animals and poultry; efficiency of inhalations of aerosol polyprenols, “coniferous” essential oils for industrial breeding of caged animals (nutrias and rabbits), poultry (laying hens, chicken-broilers), agricultural animals (pigs and cattle). To give scientific and practical basis for new trends in developing fodder additives with their further commercialization in the field of obtaining ecologically clean animal products for man.
The main goals of studies include the following:
To obtain scientific data
- On the efficiency of replacement of antibiotics biovit-80 or/and kormogrizin (Russia), flavomycin (Eurounion) by the production of forest biochemistry: coniferous chlorophyll-carotene paste, coniferous aqueous extract, sodium chlorophyllin, coniferous provitamin concentrate, compositions of micronutrients and EMR (succinic acid) and their combinations with plant preparations, preparations “Phosprenil” and “coniferous” natural polyprenols (Russia) – in fodder rations of cattle and pigs, laying hens, chicken-broilers, rabbits and nutrias;
- On the efficiency of “coniferous” aromatherapy (aerosol preparations of “coniferous” polyprenols and essential oils of spruce, fir and pine) for standard technologies of different animals breeding.
Implementation of the project will result in:
- Estimating optimum concentrations (doses) of coniferous chlorophyll-carotene paste, coniferous aqueous extract, coniferous sodium chlorophyllin, coniferous provitamin concentrate, ready-to-use preparations “Phosprenil” and fresh-extracted “coniferous” natural polyprenols, compositions of micronutrients and EMR and their combinations with plant preparations as substitution for antibiotics: biovit-80 or/and kormogrizin (Russia), flavomycin (Eurounion) in fodder rations of cattle, pigs, laying hens, chicken-broilers, rabbits and nutrias.
- Finding optimum concentrations of aerosol ready-to-use forms “Phosprenil” and fresh-extracted “coniferous” polyprenols, essential oils of pine, spruce and fir in technologies of different animals breeding.
- Showing and estimating the most effective schemes of using forest-biochemical production studied, compositions of micronutrients and EMR and their combinations in a fodder production industry, animal and poultry breeding, industrial fur-bearing animal breeding.
- Giving industrial-economic results of the replacement of antibiotics by the production of forest-biochemistry in fodder rations and the efficiency of “coniferous” aromatherapy in technologies of animal breeding.
- Giving recommendations for working out and using new prophylactic and competitive forms of preparations containing biologically active substances of needles of a conifer, compositions of micronutrients and EMR and their combinations for different ways of replacement of fodder antibiotics in rations and under different conditions of animal keeping.
- Experimental estimation of characteristics of preparations containing bioactive components of conifer needles as to their antibacterial and antiviral activity against relatively pathogenic and pathogenic microorganisms and against some species of causative agents of viral infections of poultry and agricultural animals.
- Giving characteristics of immune system, resistance of experimental animals to medicinal preparations studied, including some of their aerosol forms, on the basis of specific medical and biological indices of blood and its components.
- Showing the principal mechanisms of the effect of examined preparations containing bioactive components of conifer needles, compositions of micronutrients and EMR and their combinations on the organism of different animals that will give a better opportunity to understand theoretically the features of infection pathogenesis and help to raise the resistance of an organism to infections, and in addition they will become the basis for developing antimicrobial, antiviral and stimulating preparations of a new generation.
- Finding alternative approaches to the replacement of fodder antibiotics by the production of forest-biochemistry and EMR as new competitive fodder additives and “coniferous” prophylactic aerosol forms in control of various infections and at the same time as a stimulating mechanism of increasing biomass of animals.
- A scientifically substantiated prediction of physiological effect of complex plant preparations and EMR on the health of man through the food of an animal origin.
The project corresponds completely to the objectives and goals of the work of the International Science and Technology Center (ISTC). Investigations are directed to solve economic and ecological problems in the field of producing safe food of an animal origin.
The role of a foreign collaborator – consultations and the exchange of scientific information on the subject of the project, reviewing and team-publications in Russian and foreign journals, carrying out of joint research work, symposiums, seminars, taking part in technical control of work on the project.