Treatment of Optical Parts
Optical Materials and Methods of Treatment of High-Precision Optical Parts.
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-SYN/Materials Synthesis and Processing/Materials
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Lapidus O V
PO LZOS (Optical Glass Plant), Russia, Moscow reg., Lytkarino
- VITCON Projectconsult GmbH, Germany, Jena
Project summaryPurpose of the Project: To apply scientific knowledge accumulated by IA "LZOS" in design of space target finding systems, as well as aiming of missiles and powerful striking a blow lasers of flying objects to creation optical elements made of special glass-types, development of new treatment methods of optical parts of civil purpose.
It is proposed to develop:
- scientific basis, technology and equipment for cooking new types of glass on the basis of fluorphosphate compounds with the use of platinum or glass-carbon pots as well as utilising processes characteristic to non-condensed systems;
- composition and production practice of oxigen-free chalcogenide glass, applicable in manufacture of lightguides, transparent in IR range of l-14 mm;
- scientific basis and technology for dimensional ion-beam machining of high-precision optical surfaces with material removal in zones at Angstrom level;
- treatment technique of high-precision astronomical mirrors made by zone retouching with small-size tools including treatment of mirrors made of non-traditional solicon-carbide type materials.