Unsteady Wave Processes of Model Gasdynamic Devices
Investigation of Influence of Unsteady Wave Processes on Mixing, Combustion, Operation Stability and Performances of Model Gasdynamic Devices
Tech Area / Field
- PHY-NGD/Fluid Mechanics and Gas Dynamics/Physics
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
TsIAM (Aviation Motors), Russia, Moscow
- Russian Academy of Sciences / Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics, Russia, Moscow
- MBDA France, France, Chatillon
Project summaryThe goal of this project is the investigation of unsteady wave processes influence on mixing, combustion and stability of model gasdynamic devises operation. Within this project it is supposed to solve the following problems.
1. To perform the numerical simulation of unsteady processes in inlet. To define the influence of unsteady perturbations at the exit of model inlet on inlet operation stability.
2. To accomplish the analysis of mixing enhancement with the aid of unsteady process and to define the influence of unsteady perturbations on the mixing process in coflowing stream. Pursuance of computational and experimental investigations of unsteady operational regimes of model ejector.
3. To provide the analysis and to reveal the main regularities of transition from deflagration to detonation combustion regime in model device (pulse tube) and to define the influence of form of end-wall on the dynamics of this transition.
4. To perform the computational and experimental investigation of deflagration-detonation transition augmentation by excitation of internal degrees of freedom (vibrational and electron) of molecules of main species of fuel and air mixture with the aid of electric discharge or resonance emission.
5. To carry out the theoretical and experimental investigation of detonability of different fuels and fuel blends. To investigate both theoretically and experimentally the influence of methods of preparation of stratified explosive charges of fuel-air mixture on the capability of both control of transition to detonation and detonation combustion regime. The evaluation of thermal fluxes at the unsteady pulse combustion.
The expected results. Data obtained by the methods of numerical simulation concerning stability of model inlet operation; results of computational and experimental investigations of mixing and combustion enhancement by the unsteady disturbances of the main jet issued into the coflowing stream; computational and experimental data for the main performances of model ejector operating in unsteady regimes; computational and experimental data for the deflagration-detonation transition in the model detonation tube at the use of gasdynamic control methods and physical-chemical one.