Institute of Highly Pure Biopreparations
Institute of Highly Pure Biopreparations, Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation (Inst. of Highly Pure Preparations)
7, Pudozhsakya str., St Petersburg, 197110, Russia
- 0420 - Drug Delivery Systems
- 0421 - Drug Natural Proteins
- 0422 - Drug of Synthetic Peptides
- 0918 - Nuclear Nanofilters
- 1038 - SELEX is Structure-Function Studies of Cytokines
- 1163 - New Bioinsecticide
- 1434.2 - Organomineral Fertilizer as Powder Destruction Product
- 1490 - Preparations Labeled with Carbon-13
- 1706 - Bioactive Preparations Production by Lasers
- 1770 - Interleukin Local Therapy
- 1899 - Genetic Variety of HIV
- 2458 - Polyimide Membranes for Ultrafiltration
- 2520 - UV radiation Effects on Pathogenic Microorganisms
- 2615 - Stress-Protector Peptides
- 2882 - Host Resistance Against Infections
- 2905 - Purification of Liquid Radioactive Waste by Ultrafiltration
- 3046 - Oral Influenza Vaccine
- 3737 - Diagnostics of Colorectal Cancer
- 3909 - Stomach Cancer Early Diagnosis
- Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology / Biotechnology
- Biochemistry / Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology / Biotechnology
- Drug Discovery / Medicine
- Materials Synthesis and Processing / Materials
- Plant Protection / Agriculture
- Radiomedicine / Medicine
- Diagnostics & Devices / Medicine
- Other / Medicine
- Optics and Lasers / Physics
- Microbiology / Biotechnology
- Disease Surveillance / Medicine
- Vaccines / Medicine
- Polymer Chemistry / Chemistry
- Biosafety and BioSecurity / Biotechnology
- Radioactive Waste Treatment / Environment
- Bioinformatics / Biotechnology
- High Performance Computing and Networking / Information and Communications
- Other / Information and Communications
BriefThe State Research Institute of Highly Pure Biopreparations is one of the leading biotechnological institutions in Russia. The Institute was founded in 1974. Today, the Institute is subordinate to the Russian Ministry of Public Health and Medical Industry and functions as a self-sustained enterprise within the concern "Biopreparat", which includes many research institutions and medical industry plants.
The Institute is currently constructing a new production building for evaluating technologies to be developed and for manufacturing medical and veterinary preparations.
ResearchThe Institute's main activity is directed to solve complex and vital tasks of medicine, agriculture, veterinary surgery, food industries and ecology, using the latest advances in molecular biology, virology, gene-engineering, and biotechnology. The Institute performs a wide-spectrum of fundamental investigations, applied studies, research and development and technology work.
The Institute's staff numbers over 300 highly qualified specialists, including biologists, physicists, chemists, physicians, mathematicians, engineers (among them 60 doctors and candidates of sciences) who possess much experience in the development of high technologies. The Institute's research results have been presented in numerous publications in domestic and foreign scientific periodicals, and also in reports to International congresses, conferences and symposiums.
The Institute is a proprietor of over 200 inventor certificates and patents. It the last 5 years alone, the Institutes' developments have been awarded nearly 40 medals, in addition to diplomas, breastplates and other awards.
The Institute addresses the complex solution of problems - from developing theoretical principles to organizing production of marketable products.
- study of action mechanism and structural organization of physiologically important protein molecules;
- development of scientific bases of unopharmacology of endogenic regulators and other biologically active substances;
- study of molecular-biological rules of progressing tumors and immunodeficiencies;
- development of scientific bases to create target prolonged therapeutic preparations;
- development of the theory of membrane-type and matographic separation of physiologically important protein molecules;
- study of microorganism populational physiology and targeted vital activity inhibition and promotion.
- development of technologies for production of genetically engineered proteins such as interleukins-I alpha and beta, interleukin-8, and the IL-1 receptor antagonist;
- development of technologies for production of therapeutic preparations from natural sources such as bacterial peptidoglycane, and human erythrocytic superoxide dismutase;
- development of technologies for production of synthetic peptide immunomodulators, hormones, and peptide diagnostics;
- development of technologies to obtain diagnostics, based on monoclonal antibodies and oligonucleotide probes to determine the level of cytokines, hormones, and biologically active substances;
- development of chromatographic materials for purification of biologically active substances and sorbents for their use in efferent medicine;
- development of technologies for production of drug forms of targeted and prolonged genetically engineered proteins and peptides, and also drug quality control methods;
- development of effective biological plant-protection preparations and biolarvicides, and their application methods;
- development of technologies for biodegradation of toxicants, contained in soils and water-reservoirs;
- development of essentially new, effective methods for purification of drinking water and industrial wastewater, including purification from toxic impurities, microorganisms, and radionuclides; creation of equipment for individual and industrial applications, and also necessary sorption materials.