Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (BINP SB RAS )
11, Av. Ac. Lavrentjeva, Novosibirsk-90, 630090, Russia,Akademgorodok
www.inp.nsk.su/; ssrc.inp.nsk.su/; www.sbras.nsc.ru/eng/sbras/copan/inp_main.html; www.inp.nsk.su/; ssrc.inp.nsk.su/; www.sbras.nsc.ru/eng/sbras/copan/inp_main.html; www.inp.nsk.su/; ssrc.inp.nsk.su/; www.sbras.nsc.ru/eng/sbras/copan/inp_main.html;
- 0050 - Plasma Neutron Source
- 0438 - Sensitivity of X-ray Semiconductor Detectors
- 0492 - Plasma Trap Neutron Source
- 0531 - Microwave Generation by FEL
- 0767 - Low Energy Positron Source
- 0767-3 - Low Energy Positron Source
- 1484 - Accelerator Source for Neutron Therapy
- 1673 - Free Electron Laser Monitoring System
- 1794 - Diffraction Gratings Based on Multilayer Structures
- 1928 - Electron-Positron Storage Ring
- 2182 - X-ray Focusing System
- 2209 - Planar Free Electron Maser and Non-Linear Effects
- 2257 - Accelerator Ion Source
- 2500 - Calibration of the Space Solar Patrol
- 2569 - Neutron Source for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy
- 2875 - Linear Accelerators for High-Power Proton Beams Generators
- 2920 - Power-Meter for Soft X-Ray Radiation
- 3084 - Virus identification via terahertz radiation probing
- 3096 - Radiation synthesis method for anti-tuberculosis medical preparation
- 3605 - Facility for Neutron Capture Therapy
- 3682 - High Intensity Neutron Target
- 3703 - Divertor Plates in Plasma Stream
- 3888 - Accelerating Section for Linac4
- 4022 - Vacuum System for Electron-Positron Colliders
- Optics and Lasers / Physics
- Particles, Fields and Accelerator Physics / Physics
- Detection Devices / Instrumentation
- Plasma Physics / Physics
- Other / Physics
- Radiomedicine / Medicine
- Diagnostics & Devices / Medicine
- Solid State Physics / Physics
- Microbiology / Biotechnology
- Biochemistry / Biotechnology
- Radiofrequency Waves / Physics
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics / Physics
- Radiobiology / Biotechnology
- Manufacturing, Planning, Processing and Control / Manufacturing Technology
- Sensors and Signal Processing / Information and Communications
- Measuring Instruments / Instrumentation
- Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology / Biotechnology
- Drug Discovery / Medicine
- Magnetic Confinement Systems / Fusion
- Plasma Physics / Fusion
BriefThe Institute of Nuclear Physics was created in 1958 on the basis of the Laboratory of new methods of acceleration leaded by acad. G. I. Budker.
At present the Institute has about 30 research laboratories and sectors, including in its structure 6 united research laboratories, a theoretical department, two design departments, a computer system department, and two experimental productions. The Institute staff totals 3000, of which there are 490 researchers, over 50 post graduated students, 650 engineers and technicians, about 400 laboratory assistants, and 1100 workers. Among the research staff there are four full members, while six are corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The Institute is one of the world-leading centers in very important fields of high-energy physics, controlled thermonuclear fusion, and applied physics. In the majority of research fields the Institute is unique in Russia.
- Research in elementary particle physics, based on available and developing electron positron colliders.
- Studies in electro- and photonuclear physics, based on the use of storage rings of charged particles.
- Research in plasma physics and controlled thermonuclear physics, based on open systems.
Development and manufacturing of new unique installations for fundamental study and high technologies.
- Electron -positron colliders of super-high luminosity (e+e- factories).
- Development of the concept and technology of linear electron-positron colliders.
- Synchrotron radiation source.
- Power lasers, based on high energy electron beams (free electron lasers, FEL)
- High-intensity generator of thermonuclear neutrons, based on a "gasdynamic" plasma trap.
- Development of powerful electron accelerator and electron beam technologies, including ecological technologies, on the basis of accelerators.
- Development of equipment and devices for medical use, on the basis of Institute results in accelerator and detector studies.