The Summer School for Young Scientists on the Theme of High Energy Physics and Accelerator Physics Started on 27 September in Astana, Kazakhstan
The joint ISTC-CERN-JINR Summer School on High Energy Physics (HEP) and Accelerator Physics (AP) will is held at the Astana’s branch of the Institute of Nuclear Physics in Astana, Kazakh Republic from September 27 through October 3, 2010. The ISTC-CERN-JINR Summer School on HEP&AP is targeted at postgraduate and PhD students in High Energy Physics and Accelerator Physics from CIS countries and Georgia.
The School offers five days of lectures and discussions and covers the following topics:
1. Field Theory and Standard Model– 1, 2
2. QCD, Beyond the Standard Model
3. Passage of Particles and Gamma Ray Through Matter, Particles Detectors
4. LHC, Experiments ATLAS, CMS, ALICE, LHCb, The Latest HEP Achievements
5. Introductions to Accelerators - Accelerators Types, Novel Concept
6. Synchrotron Radiation - Concepts, Facilities
7. Linear Colliders
8. High-Energy Cosmic and Gamma Rays, Cosmic Ray Antiprotons
9. Dark Matter, Big Bang Theory - Early Universe
10. National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan - research and perspectives
11. Some applications of accelerators - Detectors and Technologies
The lectures were given by scientists from CERN, JINR, Kazakhstan and other scientific centers.
Read Adriaan van der Meer's speech download