Apply for Research Grants
The Science Project Program is the most comprehensive nonproliferation activity conducted by the ISTC. Through this program, the ISTC solicits scientific project proposals from institutes throughout the CIS and provides funding and logistic support to project teams.
Project teams receive written concurrence from the host country on whose territory their research will be conducted, and then develop and execute their project with foreign collaborating organizations. Foreign collaborators ensure the project goals contribute to the state-of-the-art in the field, and that results will find applications in real problems in basic and applied research.
Location of ISTC Projects
Guidelines on Submission of new Project Proposals
A «ISTC forum» web site for submission of new Project Proposals is being developed.
In this connection please be informed, that
- At the 65th ISTC Governing Board meeting in December 2017 it was decided to make funding decisions only once a year (in mid-year);
- At the 66th ISTC Governing Board meeting in July 2018 it was approved that starting with the next GB Funding session (probably in June of 2019) the Scientific Advisory Council (SAC) and Secretariat should prepare for each «Area of Interest» a Ranking List of the highest scored Project Proposals.
It means that
- all Project Proposals which had been submitted prior to the last deadline (March 15, 2018) for evaluation by the ISTC Scientific Advisory Council (SAC) passed through the 66th ISTC Governing Board funding session;
- new Project Proposals which have been submitted later will be evaluated in the next round by the SAC based on new evaluation criteria probably in April 2019.
- the new SAC Project Proposal evaluation will be integrated in the «ISTC forum» web site and SAC members will only evaluate web site Project Proposals.
The «ISTC forum» web site is already accessible and one can enter new Project Proposals. But at the moment this web site has not yet the intended functionality to enter the complete information on Project Proposals in accordance with the current hard copy (paper) template.
New Project Proposals which have been already submitted (with Host Government Concurrence) to the ISTC, have to be transferred to the «ISTC forum» web site – when the web site is completed ISTC will ask the authors to do that.
Executive Memo on the change of procedure/policy on scanned documents (issued on 24 July 2014)
Contact information for host government concurrence:
YAKUBOVA Gulnora Seitkaldievna
tel: +7 (7172) 769 536;
Contact information of project proposal group in ISTC:
SHAMPIYEVA Kalamkas Dyuisenovna
tel.: +7 (7172) 769 535;